21.2.11

A Snowstorm in Masan?


It just occurred to me that I haven't posted any pictures from my time in Korea, or even from my adventure in Bangkok. I light of last week's out-of-the-blue snowstorm I've decided photos will do more justice than words. Although this storm was nothing like the nor-easters we get back home, these coastal city inhabitants were, for the most part, unprepared. I saw Koreans walking around in sandals (with socks of course), I slipped and fell multiple times on unsalted sidewalks...on a positive note it was easy to cross the road this time as cars were driving along at a snail's pace.


The kids were surprisingly unexcited for the four or five inches dumped onto us from the heavens. I started each class by pointing outside and asking the students "Is it raining?" I got a long, intoned, numbly "no, teacher" from the students, clearly unenthused. Surprised, I turned back to the schoolwork. The students have told me many times that it seldom snows in Masan, and I thought today's mini-blizzard would have them jumping off the walls with glee. But no, all I got were complaints about the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment